What are the most important things to look for when hiring
the people coming in to your home?
First, Always use a trusted, professional, insured and licensed company to run your sale.
Your decision could cost you hundreds or probably thousands of dollars so choose wisely.
Has an estate sale company told you this..
"You are not allowed to be at the sale or the set-up"
(Does that seem reasonable to you? We provide absolute transparency and allow you to be involved at EVERY stage of your sale. You absolutely need to object when someone does not allow you access to your own home!)
"Our people" will take what is left over?
(How are they going to have your best interest to sell everything if they or "their people" take what is left?? Why would anyone care if they sell all of your items when they or their friends and family take everything not sold??
"We just advertise in the Bee Paper or we have street signs"
(There is nothing wrong with these options but if that's all you get can you expect the best results? KNOW HOW THEY ARE ADVERTISING YOUR SALE! We are on Facebook, Instagram, Craigslist and our own following and email lists. We are also premium members of EstateSales.net, EstateSales.org, and EstateSales.com, AuctionZip, Hibid, NYHibid, AuctionGuy and more! DO NOT ACCEPT LESS! (local sales emailed to close to 10,000 weekly) Is your top choice doing all this? AND how much do they charge in hidden fees for advertising among other things.. WE INCLUDE IT because that's our job!)
"You do not have enough for an estate sale"
(Our unique online sale allows options for pretty much everyone. If you have sell-able items we can usually find a solution that fits your unique situation. We also have a DIY option so you can set up your own online estate sale with our help It's easier than you might think!)
"There are added charges for staff, security, advertising" (after the sale)
(We have no hidden fees! Everything is disclosed up front and any unique needs you may have for your sale are clearly discussed before the sale. Make 100% certain this is true for who you hire! )
..and still to consider.. does your company give you options after the sale to continue to sell what is left? The dirty little secret they don't tell you is THERE'S ALWAYS LOTS LEFT! NO COMPANY sells everything and people are left after the sale with little or no options when the sale is done other than to give your stuff away for free.
Are they sending random strangers in your home to take away your stuff that didn't sell? We can offer more options for left over items and we send licensed insured professionals to your home even for the clean up phase...isn't that important? Make sure you ask about the people coming in to "clean-out" most of these people have no license or legit business and certainly not insured or vetted. Going with another company? YOU STILL NEED TO REQUIRE THESE STANDARDS!
So if we aren't your choice that's ok! Here's what is important to know!
DO NOT make the mistake of only comparing the final percentage of commission.
This is a huge mistake many come to regret. A good company earns you thousands more in sales.
A bad sale is more of a loss then the extra percentage commission you may be charged.
Also, it's costly to run a good sale so anyone running a sale on a lesser percentage is likely cutting corners in ads, staff, security or more.
NO company should pressure you to sign a contract. That should be a big red flag! Any good company will tell you all of your options and wait for your call!
A surprising secret is that there are far more estates than there are people and companies to run your sale. Any company "pushing" to get your business you should be wary of. Don't sign until you see at minimum 2 companies to get some comparison...more is even better!
1. Are the details of the sale hidden? Or are you allowed to be a part of the entire process.
2. Check online ratings and ranking. Some companies in business for many years without ratings probably hide them from views for a reason. Would you go with a company who has a reputation of being over priced, rude workers, dishonest or incompetent. You will hear it all and need to ask around or visit the sales yourself. This is an important decision and there is a lot to consider. Any company is going to give you references that they know but asking around yourself is the best bet!
3. Do you know that they are promoting your sale on Facebook, Craigslist, Instagram, and not just their own following and email list. If they are not in the digital age using Social Media why would you trust that people can find them. Be sure they AT LEAST use EstateSales.net, EstateSales.org, AND EstateSale.com for maximum exposure! These sites give you 10's of thousands of views before your sale to get huge advertising and exposure. Anyone who is an avid estate sale buyer will follow one or all of these pages! They send emails to thousands of local subscribed estate sale shoppers.
4. Our percentage commission of your sale includes ALL regular sale expenses. You won't have hidden charges for any extra costs. Make sure you know EXACTLY what is included and that added fees like employees and advertising are not charged on top of the commission later.
5. How many sales will they be setting up and running at the same time? Go with a company that is focused on you and doesn't run many of their own competing sales while they run yours. Anyone running 3, 4, even 5 sales at once... how confident does it make you that you are getting the best service! YOU need to be a priority!
6. Does the company you want to hire have a backup plan if the sale doesn't go well? If your sale gets a bad weekend due to weather, competing events or some other possible issue most will cut and run and on to the next.
How are we different?
Our services can be customized for people not able to have traditional estate sales. We can help with any size estate. Have you been told you don't have enough to run a sale? Are you in a neighborhood that does not allow a sale or maybe you just don't want crowds of strangers through your door. We can help with consignment, online sales, or other options no one else will offer you. Our unique online estate sale gives you full transparency to see everything listed for sale and how much it sold for. THE BEST PART...just about every last item is sold and the clean-out after is minimal. The process is fun and you get to watch as bids keep coming in!
Your house will be left broom swept and ready for sale or closing.
We have professional workers and we are licensed and insured for your peace of mind!
We offer your items for longer exposure than a traditional sale. We can run sales with your items for weeks not just days!
You will always work with our most experienced staff from start to finish. Does the estate sale worker who is pricing your items and working your sale have the same level of experience that you are promised from your top company? If that company owner is not personally overseeing your pricing or sale that's a big mistake! You need to ask and get it in writing.
We have great references and have even worked with many other local estate sale companies for years to clean out after sales. Many of our unique services are offered by referral from other reputable estate sale companies.. we are that good :) and because we can do things they don't offer.
We have more options that others can't offer. We don't quit when the sale is done we get your items sold. Our staff is comprised of highly experienced professional estate sale associates.
We are different because:
Now you don't have to be left with lots of valuable items that didn't get sold in 2 days.
We can do a customized combination of Online, In House, Consignment and more to get your goal of best profits with a liquidation of everything you need gone! NO ONE else has services like we offer.
Our experienced staff members are the people with you from start to finish so you always have confidence with how your sale is staffed and handled and who is pricing and selling your items. You will know who the people are that are in your home.
Our goal is to get everything we can sold so you won't have a new problem of figuring out what to do when your sale is over and you still have tons of things left. Our online auctions ensure it ALL goes! We can run that after a traditional sale or for the whole sale.
Our percentage of your sale includes all regular sale expenses. You won't have hidden charges for any extra costs.